Wednesday, August 26, 2015

#RPGaDay2015


25th: Favorite Revolutionary Game Mechanic: "Revolutionary" is relative, of course. I think that, for me, I have to say it's Dread and its Jenga-tower. Yes, there are some issues with accessibility, but I think the idea of having something that the players literally, physically do that heightens the tension of a horror game is awesome.

26th: Favorite Inspiration for Your Game: Song lyrics. I love taking musical inspiration for my own characters (as you may have noticed), and I do it when I run games, too. I don't have much use for purely instrumental songs; I need lyrics to help me appreciate music, and good lyrics can be very inspirational. I could (and would love to) run a whole chronicle based on an album by Hozier, Devil Makes Three, or Old Crow Medicine Show.