Tuesday, August 11, 2015

#RPGaDay2015


Day 11: Favorite RPG Writer: Huh. This is a tough one. It's funny, until the all-call in 1997 that led to me writing for White Wolf, I kinda didn't think of RPGs as being written by people. But then I got a job writing the, and started pay attention to voice a bit more.

The easy answer would be +Michelle Lyons-McFarland; she's done some really amazing work as a writer on RPGs (A Tragedy in Five Acts, Ex Machina, Orpheus: Shades of Grey, and Demon: The Descent spring to mind) but she's more often credited as an editor, which is its own special skillset. Plus, it does seem like a gimme, don't it? :)

I think that for this one, I have to give it to +Justin Achilli. Not only is he responsible for some game material that I found really compelling and immersive, but he also gave me my start in this industry by hiring me for Giovanni Chronicles IV. He's gone on to bigger and better things, obviously, but his work for Vampire and other WoD stuff always had an edge to it that I really loved. Also he taught me never to use the word "moist" in game writing, so there's that.