Saturday, August 8, 2015

#RPGaDay2015 Day 7 & 8


Knew I was forgetting something yesterday.

7th - Favorite Free RPG: Which is funny, because for a long time, World of Darkness games were effectively free to me. :)

Hmm. Have I ever played a free RPG? You know, Fate is "pay what you want," which isn't free per se, but is close enough for my purposes, and since it's one I know I've played and I really like, I'll go with that.

8th - Favorite Appearance of RPGs in the Media: By which I assume we mean "in media," rather than "in the media," but I don't know. Hmm. Does The Gamers count? I thought that movie was a pretty good master class in how not to run an RPG, on a lot of topics.

Oh, no, wait, I've got it: "D&DD," the episode of Dexter's Laboratory where DD takes over running Dexter's D&D game and promptly ditches Dexter's rules-heavy, ham-handed GM style for a more narrative one, and everyone has a great time.